“The 50 Year Reunion Event”!
6 PM until 11 PM
When searching for a location to host our special evening, we were looking for great food, pleasant surroundings, a convenient location and an affordable price. After much discussion and debate, we decided that Maggiano’s Little Italy at 1901 E. Woodfield Rd in Schaumburg met all of our criteria.
Saturday evening’s festivities:
- 6 PM until 6:30 PM… Registration and Name Tag pickup.
- 6 PM until 7 PM… Cocktails and conversation. Appetizer Buffet. (Cash bar available all evening.)
- 7PM… Group class picture (more on that later).
- 7:15 PM… Convocation and opening remarks.
- 7:30 PM… Sit down dinner followed by dessert buffet.
- 8:30 PM until 11 PM …Dancing, reminiscing, reacquainting, and reliving those wonderful years we spent together!
We will be having a family style Italian themed dinner. Maggiano’s is known for their good food and generous portions.
- Anyone with food allergies or vegetarian requests should submit them to the reunion email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one week prior to the event.
- Following dinner and dessert, we will have a DJ playing our favorite music from 1964 through 1968 (with a few exceptions). We will be asking you for your favorite songs (after you have registered) to add to the playlist for the evening.
- There will be a photographer at the reunion to record all of the festivities. A group class portrait will be taken (for alumni only) and copies of that photo will printed and available for purchase at the end of the evening. Also, throughout the evening the photographer will be capturing images of us enjoying our time together. At the end of the evening, a CD/DVD of all of the photos will also be available for purchase on site. If for some reason you do not want your photo taken, please alert the photographer at the beginning of the evening.
- Dress for the evening is “business casual”. If you want to wear something more formal or dressy, please feel welcome.
Your reunion committee is busily at work putting together all of the activities that will take place that evening, but we are already planning:
- a memorabilia table
- a tribute to those of our classmates who are no longer with us
- a photo gallery of various fun and memorable pictures taken during our years at Luther
- each graduate will receive a “memory book” filled with photos, stories and “all things 1968”
- a whole host of other things that we think you will find fun and enjoyable
If you have ideas for activities or events at the reunion, please forward them to our email address (email@example.com). Also, if you have photos of yourself and/or classmates that you would like to share, please email us digital copies or if you only have originals and don’t mind mailing them, send us an email and we will give you mailing instructions and promise to return your precious originals intact!
Your reunion committee (more than 12 of us) has been working diligently for some time now to put together a memorable event.
It’s been 50 years! Don’t you think it’s time we get together again?
Hope to see you all!!
The cost for the evening is $95 per person.
To sign up, just click on the “REGISTER” tab on this website.
- Electronically on this website
- Print Registration Form, Fill Out and Mail with Check to:
Mr. Norm Jannusch 305 Stock Port Ln. Schaumburg, IL 60193
(check payable to “LHSN 1968 Class Reunion”)